Government Specified U.S. Flags
The government specified U.S. flags are constructed of either industrial strength nylon or cotton.
- Four different official American flag sizes (1:1.9 fly ratio)
- Sizes range from 2' 4 7/16"x4'6" to 10'x19'
- Ideal for use in government institutions
- Flags feature lock-stitched seams with material and color matched thread
- G-Spec American flags can be used in both indoor and outdoor displays
- GSA contract pricing on select items only; call for details.
- Made in USA
Why buy a Cotton G-Spec Flag vs. a Nylon?
The government specified American flag is available in both industrial strength nylon and 2-ply mercerized cotton. Both flags feature lock-stitched seams that are guaranteed to resist fraying and color matched thread ensuring vibrant colors.
Cotton G-Spec American Flags Feature:
- 2-ply Mercerized Cotton with a polyester core which makes the fabric stronger than traditional cotton. Mercerized cotton provides a more lustrous finish to the material, and resists water better than traditional cotton. The flags feature individually embroidered stars and sewn stripes with fray resistant stitching on the fly end, a reinforced header and brass grommets
- Not intended for outdoor use, except as a single day display, as cotton may bleed if it gets wet!
- Honor loved ones with an official interment flag; our Government Specified Cotton 5' x 9' 6" flag features full size 3" stars. This size and material type is the standard flag issued by government agencies.
Nylon G-Spec American Flag (Ideal for Outdoor Use):
- Government specified nylon American flags are perfect for outdoor use. The nylon flags are extremely durable and hold up well in all-weather situations.
- These U.S flags are also designed to be extremely light weight and will fly proudly with the lightest breeze.
- The nylon flags feature embroidered stars that stand proud on a blue plane, sewn stripes and fray resistant stitching on the fly end with a reinforced header and brass grommets
Flagpole sizes for Official American Flag Sizes
- 2’ 4 7/16”x 4’ 6” recommended for use on a 15’ to 20’ flagpoles
- 3’ 6”x 6’ 7 3/4” recommended for use on a 20’ to 25’ flagpoles
- 5’ x 9’ 6” recommended for use on a 30’ to 40’ flagpoles
- 8' 11 3/8" x 17’ recommended for use on a 50’ to 60’ flagpoles
Browse through our Military flags section for Army flags, Navy flags and other military department flags. Our military flags feature official government specified designs. To buy mil. Spec Military flags call us at (800)628-3524. POW/MIA flags, KIA flags and Veterans flags are also available to honor soldiers.
|Name||Government Specified U.S. Flags|