Careers @ Carrot-Top Industries
If you desire a career opportunity with a fast-paced, direct marketing organization with over a 35 years of business success, Carrot-Top Industries may have the opportunity for you! Carrot-Top Industries is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
Carrot-Top Industries supplies patriotic, special event, and custom products to a variety of customers including governments, schools, businesses, and the military. We have been in business for over 30 years, and are located in Hillsborough, just minutes from Durham and Chapel Hill. Although we are a well-established company, we are still small enough to offer a very friendly and casual work environment with opportunity to learn and grow.
Merchandising Product Developer
Full Time Schedule: 40 hrs/week
The Merchandising Product Developer is a full-time position in the Merchandising Department. The objective of the position is new product introduction and the profitable growth of flag, solar lighting and message board product groups. This position will improve existing products, identify new products or build proprietary products to support Carrot-Top Industries’ business and consumer customers. You will also advise on best positioning of products through marketing initiatives to maximize sales, profit, and inventory turns for assigned categories.
- Recommend new products to be added, existing ones that need to be better positioned or proprietary products that Carrot-Top can kit or manufacture
- Build relationships with existing and new product vendors pertaining to the product groups assigned
- Use existing process standards for new product introduction including documenting all required product details in the product knowledge base, price negotiations and initial order preparation with the vendors
- Recommend the appropriate marketing channel to be used including catalog, web, email, outbound sales and other channels; advise on effective positioning of the product and work with Graphics & Web teams to implement
- Monitor actual product sales performance to recognize issues or trends (up/down) and recommend action
- Address quality issues and raise product improvements based on customer, internal or vendor feedback as well as research of the competition
- Knowledge of Carrot-Top’s core product lines & customers and / or previous experience as a skilled Merchandiser
- Proficient verbal and written communication, organization and time management skills
- Focused and detail oriented; problem solving skills; ability to “dig” into issues and think critically and provide solutions to remediate them
- Team player, flexible, independent, self-motivated and creative personality
If you are interested in this position, please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to [email protected].
Full Time Schedule: 40 hrs/week
Temporary Position: June 2017 – August 2017
Accepting Resumes 5/15/17 to 5/29/17 - Send to [email protected]
Objective: Assist all departments of CTI with various projects as assigned by Department Managers and/or the President/CEO
Customer Account Management:
- Process updates for Data Integrity by verifying contacts and their respective position/titles.
- Review account SIC codes to ensure each account is classified properly. Update as necessary.
- Review accounts for possible duplications. Update pertinent account information and process Merge/Purge
Additional tasks as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED
- Self-motivated; work with limited supervision
- Organized multi-tasker
- Basic knowledge of MS Office programs
- Ability to use the internet to conduct research
Our Corporate Offices are headquartered in Hillsborough, NC
Candidates should forward resumes to the Human Resources office at: